The EAN to ASIN and ASIN to EAN converter is a very handy tool that allows you to look up product information on Amazon.
Very important information.
- Amazon allows sellers to list products with either a UPC or an EAN.
- UPCs are used in the United States and Canada, EANs are used outside of these two countries.
- For United States and Canadian products, the EAN is a subset of the UPC.
- If the UPC Numbers is 123456789012, the EAN equivalant would be 0123456789012 – the difference is the leading zero.
- If you search for a barcode number for an item and the the EAN number returned for the search has a leading zero, you can ignore the leading zero and this will be the UPC. If the EAN number returned is 0123456789012, then the UPC would be 123456789012
- If you are searching for the ASIN for a product and you have a UPC number, enter this with a leading zero in order to get the ASIN. Example, you have UPC number 123456789012, enter this with a leading zero: 0123456789012 in order to get the ASIN number.
This utility will only allow you to do 10 searches per day unless you are are a mediamediainc.com member or you have subscribed to mediamediainc.com. When you purchase barcodes from the mediamediainc.com site, you are automatically enrolled. If you purchase barcodes from Nationwide Barcode, you will receive a link at time of purchase to join the site for free.